Please let me explain myself. You know by now that I am a military spouse, and that I was getting ready for a deployment. That deployment is now underway – but don’t worry! I’m fine! I have my hobbies.
You see, I keep myself good and occupied by occupying all of my time. And I mean ALL of it. I have my day job that I enjoy (and it has been incredibly busy right now – good timing!). And like I said, I have all of my hobbies. And of course deployment is tough but I’ve kept myself too busy to cry (too much) about it. Hey, it’s what we do!
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way…
Here’s what I’ve been doing to keep myself busy:
1) Hanging out with my friends and family – They make me very happy. (My dog counts here too.)
2) Painting – I don’t make a living at it, but I enjoy it and devote much time to it. In fact, this blog was supposed to be dedicated to mostly to art and crafts. More on that later.
3) Gardening – I have sent my husband several pictorial updates of my garden. Each time I wander around in it, pick something that I grew and eat it, I am filled with joy. (PS – I thought I was growing regular peas but turns out they were sugar snap peas! DELICIOUS.)
4) Writing – self-explanatory. (Yes, I know – clearly I haven’t really been doing much of this lately.)
5) Cooking and baking – you’ve read about the bread oven obsession.
6) Exercising – mostly running, yoga, and biking. It helps my sanity. Plus, I have a great new running group!
7) Reading – magazines, books, you name it. I’m an avid reader. (I’m also working at becoming a faster reader too. More about that in a future post.)
8) Learning – I know, what a geek. But I love to learn new things and soon will be taking some classes to spruce up my skills.
I have been thinking that I should really focus this blog a bit, and wouldn’t a blog all about hobbies be just perfect? I think so. I have many more than the above listed. Take knitting for example. Yes, knitting! My godmother taught me and it is very relaxing. I haven’t knitted in a while though… Maybe I should get back into that one. If I have time…
So, in the future you can expect to read about things that fit nicely into the “hobby” theme. And if I want to write about something else, then I will and I might or might not tell you why it fits into this blog. As I told my dear husband: It’s my blog, so hanging out with friends and family counts as a hobby if I say it does! (You don’t have to, you want to, so therefore: A hobby.)
Hope you are excited about what is to come. If you have questions about any hobby or want me to comment on something in particular, let me know.